Happy Tuesday Readers! I’m coming to you today with my segment of Questionnaire! I will be answering six (6) thought-provoking questions for today’s Questionnaire. Try to answer some of these questions as well and share your answers with me 🙂
(1) What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
– I would dive straight into my ultimate dream of owning a publishing company. I can start a business now if I really wanted to; I know the process but the time and money to invest could lead me to a downfall. However if I knew I was not going to fail, I’d invest it all.
(2) Who thinks you’re beautiful when you wake up in the morning?
– I don’t think I’ve ever been told that I was beautiful waking up in the morning. I think I’m beautiful and I say including myself counts. Now I don’t necessarily mean by looks but rather I’m a person who could go to sleep the night before and wake up to see the next day. I’m alive and breathing and I tell myself I am blessed to be able to wake up to a new day. I don’t take the day before, the day of, or the day after waking up for granted and that is beautiful enough.
(3) How are you, really?
– I’m currently tired. I didn’t sleep very well last night. I unfortunately experienced sleep paralysis last night and I think I’m still hung up on it. This is only the second time I’ve ever experienced such a thing and if you have ever known of a person who has had sleep paralysis, they could tell you it’s a terrifying experience.
The very first time I ever experienced sleep paralysis, I felt like some entity was standing by the side of my bed trying to hold me down and it was quite scary. Last night (early this morning), I opened my eyes in the dark and closed them to fall back asleep and in the midst, a black shadow figure tried to attack me; practically tried to choke me. I tried to push him off and I was telling myself in that moment it was dream and I need to wake up. “Wake up Jen, wake up, it’s not real, wake up.” And of course, I did just moments later. It felt like an eternity though. It was terrifying. I couldn’t go back to sleep nor did I want to after that.
Have you ever had sleep paralysis? Share your experience with me. Although I would never want you to relive it, I heard sleep paralysis is different for everyone.
(4) Why are you worth knowing?
– I’ll answer this question from the perspective as upcoming blogger and then just me being myself. As a blogger I want to give readers an opportunity to hear my stories and perspective in hopes of giving them something to relate to.
I can tell my life story over and over again and one of the things I always hear is “I can’t imagine going through what you have.” Good, in some cases, I wouldn’t want you to. I do want you to feel comfortable enough to come talk to me or ask for advice. I am great listener. I don’t speak much but once you get to me, I’m easy to get along with. I can also be very humorous.
As a person, I have a lot to offer to people who come in and out of my life. In some ways, it’s a good and bad thing. It’s good in a sense that people find me to be very trustworthy and I don’t take it for granted. Could be a bad thing because unfortunately, I get taken advantage of a lot. I’ve had a lot of people walk out of my life, fade away from our friendships, take advantage of me, took me for granted, etc. But to those who have been around for me, I know what I’m worth to them and they know what they’re worth to me and that’s all that matters.
(5) What or Who lights you up?
– My Father would be the ultimate person who lights me up. Of course, my best friend and significant other light me up as well but my father is the reason why I’m still living today. When I think of the phrase “lights you up,” I think of taking another breath to see life in front of my eyes. My father gives me that.
I’ve had a great deal of suicidal thoughts for many years and the one thing that brings me back down from those thoughts is my father. He gave a life worth living despite how much shit I have gone through. The thought of me taking my own life and imaging him being alone breaks my heart. I couldn’t to do it. I want to be able to breath and continue seeing this beautiful life I am living.
(6) How do you treat people who can do nothing for you?
I treat them kindness. Ultimately these are people who may not be in my life but it doesn’t mean I should treat them like their any less than me if they can’t do anything for me. I’m not a selfish person. Those who can’t do anything for me, may be doing something for themselves. I don’t know what they’re going through therefore I will choose to be kind.
Well, there you have it Readers. I hope you enjoyed going through the questionnaire with me. Share your thoughts on these questions.
Until the next post,
Remember to stay kind,
With love and support,