Happy Monday! My message for you today before I start answering questions from this segment is: slay. I want you to go into this week slaying. I don’t know if I woke up on my Beyonce shit but felt the drive for motivation this morning. I slay, you slay, we can all slay this week. You hear me? Let’s go!
01. What kinds of things really make you laugh?
– I’m cheesy about this but any good rom-coms (romantic comedies) or stand up can get me going. I enjoy dry humor as well. I think we take life too seriously sometimes. At the same time, what a time to be alive – the high level of sarcasm has taken me to a whole new level “rolling on floor laughing.”
02. Who is your best friend? What do you like about him/her?
– My best friend is Florence. We have been best friends for a little over twelve (12) years now. I love and appreciate the fact that we have similar backgrounds, kind of. I’m not trying air any of her personal life but long story short, we both love our Dads and we’ve had off and on relationships with our Moms and I think that was enough to bring us together. We’re both independent. There weren’t very many people we could depend on in our lives but I think we’re coming around to it now. We met during a vulnerable time. I think it was fate that we were brought together in that very moment. It sounds crazy but I think we were meant to be sitting right next to each other that first day of badminton practice.
03. What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
– I feel like this varies depending on how my week has gone and also what I’ve done in previous weekends. I definitely enjoy going to gym Saturday mornings. I love spending time with Tony; going to see his parents every now and then. Eating out. It just depends. I don’t have routine Saturdays and I don’t ever want to either.
04. What were you like as a kid?
– I was a really shy kid. Very sheltered by my parents and family. Wasn’t allowed to go to other kids’ birthday parties or have sleepovers. I was actually an ugly duckling. I felt as though as I had the most unperfected face. I had glasses, crooked teeth, and I was chubby. When I think back, I was teased in elementary and I didn’t understand why my classmates who I thought were my friends made fun of me. They would use things I said and twist them around and tell on me as if I did something bad.
And now that I’ve grown up and realized what they were doing, I only have one thing to say: you can go fuck yourself.
05. Who was your favorite schoolteacher or college professor? Why?
– My favorite college professor was Dr. Kern. Second semester, sophomore year. I had him for two classes: Political Theory and Political Systems. He was a very unique professor. It took me awhile to understand his way of teaching but nonetheless I appreciated it because it was not part of the norm. He made an example out of himself as to why it’s okay to challenge the political system; the structure, the misrepresentation, etc.
If you ask anyone who has taken a political theory course, they’d tell you it’s super dry, boring and hard to understand. If It wasn’t for Dr. Kern, I would’ve never passed. He had a syllabus only because the system said he had to have one. I can recall a moment in class where we were discussing how many papers we needed to turn in and he kept asking us what we wanted and a lot of student kept referring to the syllabus until he said “fuck the syllabus. This is our class. We make our own rules. We are a Republic.”
Unfortunately because he defied the system, he was kicked out of the University. Students just didn’t understand his way of teaching. They believed in what we should be told to do rather than taking a moment to ask “why?” “Why do we have to do this or that?” I leave it to him for the reason why I use my critical thinking skills today as opposed to just going with the flow because someone else said “this is the way it has always been done.”
06. What do you hate most about the dating process?
– I don’t think I necessarily hate any part but more or less dislike. I think for me, it would be trying to figure where you and that person stand and/or moving towards. Cause essentially you could date that person but you’re not exclusive with them, which gives them the right to go date other people, slide in other people’s DMs, etc. as well. Of course, it takes communication. It doesn’t ever hurt to ask but it could make for an awkward conversation. However you also want to make sure your feelings and their feelings somewhat align otherwise someone will get hurt.
07. What is your favorite place in the entire world?
– I don’t know if I could even answer this because I don’t feel like I’ve traveled enough to say what is my favorite place. But out of all the places I have been to, Seattle is my favorite. I enjoy the good vibes, the food, scenery, etc. There was one point where I considered moving there but we can save that story for another day.
08. What do you want your final words to be?
– I’m not sure because I don’t know what is going to happen. I know that I want to live a long life with Tony and our future children but I don’t know what will happen down the line. My last words would probably be telling my future kids that I love them and I hope I did all that I could to be a great mother to them.
Tony… I don’t know. Of course I’d tell him I love him but I think it’s harder to think about what my final words would be because as of right now, it is just me and Tony. We don’t have kids. So finding the words make me choke. I’d probably just want to die in his arms but honestly, I don’t know if he’d be able to handle that.
I hope you guys enjoyed today’s questionnaire. If you guys have any questions for the questionnaire segment, let me know and I’ll put it out there.
Enjoy your Monday and heck, go get this bread!