Hello Readers! Oh my goodness, it has been such a crazy week. If you guys have been following me, you probably realize I’ve been on the low key, kept to myself … And the reason being is: Tony and I moved!
It has been a little over a week ago that Tony and I found out our rental application was approved. And it was the following day that we found out that we needed to pack up our shit and get the hell out of the apartment. I was filled with so many emotions: happy, excited, bittersweet, stress, overwhelmed, drained, etc. But at the end of the day, I have Tony to keep me up.
First off, I just want to say thank you to all of our friends who were able to come through and help us move our belongings. We truly appreciate you guys especially when it was spur of the moment; last minute for us and you, we couldn’t have made the move in such a short period of time without you guys.
And most of all, I want to thank Tony’s parents for being so supportive during this move. My heart is so full. Tony is very lucky.
I just wanted to take a moment to share some my favorite moments and facts from our first home together:
- We were able to fit 20+ people into our home for our housewarming party. Thank you all for getting me so drunk and all the gifts.
- The very first episode of Nothing to Lose Podcast started in our home and through that we met some very amazing guests (friends).
- I broke at least three (3) soy sauce bottles and one (1) dumpling sauce bottle on our kitchen floor.
- Tony is the professional floor cleaner of the house and I was the professional kitchen/countertops cleaner.
- We had more liquids than solids in our refrigerator.
- We hosted our first Friendsgiving.
- We shared Christmas as a Family in our home.
- I made my very first large purchase for this apartment (our large ass couch).
- We saw Joe Jacobs nearly every weekend.
Yeah… It was more miscellaneous things but they were all great. And there were plenty more I will forever cherish.
Now that we have settled down into our new home, I feel a little bit more at peace, less stress, and more motivated to continue climbing to the top. I’m still pinching myself because I can’t believe we’re living in such a beautiful place. We worked hard, we earned it, and we’re gonna keep grinding even harder.
My commute to work has been much easier and although Tony didn’t have to commute as far as I did, I appreciate that he gave it up so that now I don’t have to sit in traffic and we both travel the same distance to get to work.
Some of you may or may not have known but Tony and I have been planning this move for quite some time; nearly a year ago. We did a lot of planning, strategizing, weighing out pros and cons, saving financially, and studying the market to get where we are living today.
I couldn’t be any more happier for the both of us. Thank you to all who have supported us and cheered us on to this point. We guys very much appreciated.
The most important lessons I have gained during this move:
- Don’t ever stop climbing to the top.
- Stay motivated to grind and hustle.
- Support those who want upward mobility.
- It’s okay to want nice things – you worked for it.
- It’s the people living in the home that makes the home, not the material things.
- Who cares what people think about you. Only you know the story.
- You don’t owe anyone an explanation for doing the things you do.
These are all important lessons to carry through life and they’re either new or revamped for my book.
I’m excited to see where our journey continues to take us. And I hope you all will continue to follow us.
Until the next post,