Are you a sushi lover?! Do you love sushi rolls? Sashimi? Wasabi in your soy sauce?
For my 27th Birthday, one of my best girlfriends, Jane took me out to an “all-you-can-eat” sushi restaurant. I haven’t found many in San Diego so this was definitely an experience.
Little Sakana is located out in Mira Mesa. Tony and I recently took and friends Philip, Kris, and Eddie. We waited a little over an hour for our table but only because there were large parties ahead of us otherwise I don’t think the wait would’ve been entirely bad.
We were able to check to put our names on the waitlist on Yelp being that we were within 3-mile of the restaurant. Needless to say, it was worth the wait.
The first round of sushi was amazing. We went all in on some premium and a few rolls. It was so good and so fresh. We devoured it like no big deal.
We ordered a second round. We left Philip in charge of putting down the number of rolls we’d like. Philip must’ve been really hungry because our waiter came back to ask if we’d like to decrease the number of rolls as Philip put down 172 rolls. 172 rolls! We had to cut our order in half.
When it came time for another round, we were almost stuffed. We tried our best to finish the rolls but unfortunately we had to take it to go. Tony and I couldn’t eat until the next day.
Some of my favorite rolls included (all descriptions of rolls are listed on their website):
- All Star: IN: Crawfish Tempura, Spicy Tuna TOP: Seared Tuna, Jalapeno (Garlic Ponzu, Spicy Mayo)
- High Roller: IN: Shrimp Tempura, Krab, Avocado, Cucumber TOP: Salmon, Avocado, Pankko (Eel Sauce)
- Spicy Crunch: IN: Shrimp Tempura, Spicy Tuna, Avocado, Cucumber TOP: Crunch (Eel Sauce, Spicy Mayo)
Although we didn’t finish our rolls, it was an amazing sushi spot for all of us to experience and enjoy.
Just to highlight a few things if you’re looking to give this place a try:
- All-you-can-eat is about $30 per person and if you’d like to do an all-you-can-drink, it’s about $15 per person.
- They have different specials Monday-Friday. We went on a Friday night and they had a DJ playing our favorite throwbacks. We were dancing in our seats and eating sushi at the same time. We also got to enjoy the family next to us celebrating a birthday and getting turnt right in the middle of the restaurant. It was a great time!
- The sushi was filling and oh-so fresh. It would be worth every penny you spent.
- Because we don’t see many AYCE sushi in San Diego, it would be the best experience if you love sushi and/or seafood and you like to get down with that buffet-style.
I can’t wait to go back but for now, I need a break from sushi. I can have sushi every day honestly but after eating so much, Tony and I needed one hell of a break.
And can I also just say, our server and the manager were both very kind and provided great hospitality to our table. Thank you!
Try it out and let me know what you think!