- I was laid off from the most toxic working environment ever.
- But new job, who dis? Shout out to my support team, the Universe, the man upstairs for hearing my prayers, and my Guider.
- I was part the thousands to millions of folks on unemployment at the start of the pandemic.
- My complex has closed off all amenities which means we were stuck inside completely.
- Tony and I remained calm at all times because we had each other.
- Our #1 priority was our parents and their health ❤️
- I started my new job, pandemic style: social distancing orientation at its best. I started working from home the next day.
- I continue to learn and train myself in my new position from working at home. I can’t wait to see/meet all my coworkers in person.
- Our patio has turned into a full-on gym. New dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine ball, boxes, spin bike; we even bought a sauna. Never thought I’d actually say I miss the gym.
- I went on the assault bike for an hour and a half. It was exhausting after. (Thanks to NXPT for loaning out their equipment)
- Tony and I both work from home which means we’re officemates (again) and we wake up and proceed to our own “at-home office space.”
- Tony’s sister Anahy’s Birthday was on April 2nd and we celebrated her birthday in quarantine. Virtual hugs were a must.
- Sofia’s Birthday was on April 5th; we couldn’t celebrate but I’m glad she got to celebrate it with her niece and nephew and Alex and they raved on Tik Tok and she got her dessert 😛
- My Dad’s Birthday was on April 7th and when I wished him a “Happy Birthday” he said he forgot it was his birthday. Poor guy. I love him.
- There’s a beautiful Angel in Heaven looking down on her beautiful family ❤️
- I bought two brand new major kitchen appliances which I’ll be sharing later with you (brand new air fryer + instant pot).
- I got see my best friend Flo on her birthday and it was first time I had any other human contact besides Tony and his family.
- I started and finished watching Siesta Keys, all three seasons. I love dumb reality tv shows.
- Is it possible to not find anything to else to watch?
- I’ve spent way too much time on Amazon… but hey! I’m stimulating the economy… I guess.
- Unfortunately we couldn’t celebrate Ricky’s Dirty 30. We need a redo, he’s still 29.
- Tony and I still celebrated Cinco de Mayo with tacos and tequila.
- We typically go out for holidays but this year, we spent Mother’s Day inside for Mama Ruiz.
- We did a drive-by for Rosalie’s 10th Birthday! She’s getting so big; I cannot.
- This past weekend was the first time I had seen my Dad since he returned from his vacation in January and I hadn’t taken the chance to visit prior to the quarantine.
It’s nearing June and unfortunately rent is still due.
In the last few months, I’ve learned how much I’ve grown to really enjoy having company around. Not saying I haven’t been enjoying this time with Tony. I just miss my friends; seeing them and being able to hug them and have conversations in person.
My heart goes out to those who have lost a loved one during this time ❤️ It’s important to reach out and tell your loved ones how much you care about them. You just never know what the next day hold for all of us.
As you could probably tell, my emotions have ran high during this quarantine and I’ve been trying to contain my anxiety from being inside.
It’s been an overwhelming experience for all of us and I can’t wait for our world to continue to slowly recover from this pandemic.
I hope everyone is still staying safe and healthy. Time to get back to writing.